A washing machine door interlock is an electronic device that is designed to give a time delay of approximately 2 minutes before the door of a washing machine can be opened once the wash cycle has completed. See our video on how washing machine door interlocks work. Washing Machine Door Locks should engage when they are working correctly to keep the door closed during the cycle the door should remain locked; it is can be extremely dangerous if this is not the case.
Faulty Door Lock?
The common fault when a door interlock fails is that the washing machine will not start. There will be power to the washing machine, which can sometimes be ascertained by the light (if present) being lit up on the front facia panel. However, when the door is closed and the wash cycle is selected and started the machine will appear 'dead'. Or you may have an intermittent fault. See our video on how washing machine door interlocks work.
If your door is locked shut and you cannot get into the machine to get your clothes out then also see our video on How to open a washing machine door.
- HOTPOINT BW61BHOTPOINT BW61PHOTPOINT WD51AHOTPOINT WD51PHOTPOINT WD51WHOTPOINT WD52PHOTPOINT WD61HHOTPOINT WD61NHOTPOINT WD61PHOTPOINT WD61SHOTPOINT WD61THOTPOINT WD61UHOTPOINT WD61XHOTPOINT WD62NHOTPOINT WD62PHOTPOINT WD62SHOTPOINT WD62XHOTPOINT WD63NHOTPOINT WD63PHOTPOINT WD63SHOTPOINT WD64NHOTPOINT WD64PHOTPOINT WD64SHOTPOINT WD71NHOTPOINT WD71PHOTPOINT WD71SHOTPOINT WD71XHOTPOINT WD71YSHOTPOINT WD72PHOTPOINT WD72SHOTPOINT WDM73AHOTPOINT WM51AHOTPOINT WM51PHOTPOINT WM51WHOTPOINT WM52AHOTPOINT WM52PHOTPOINT WM52WHOTPOINT WM53AHOTPOINT WM53PHOTPOINT WM53WHOTPOINT WM54PHOTPOINT WM55PHOTPOINT WM56PHOTPOINT WM60PHOTPOINT WM60PEHOTPOINT WM61NHOTPOINT WM61PHOTPOINT WM61PEHOTPOINT WM61XHOTPOINT WM62NHOTPOINT WM62PHOTPOINT WM62PEHOTPOINT WM62XHOTPOINT WM63HHOTPOINT WM63NHOTPOINT WM63PHOTPOINT WM63PEHOTPOINT WM63SHOTPOINT WM63THOTPOINT WM63UHOTPOINT WM63XHOTPOINT WM63XEHOTPOINT WM64NHOTPOINT WM64PHOTPOINT WM64PEHOTPOINT WM64XHOTPOINT WM65SHOTPOINT WM66PHOTPOINT WM67PHOTPOINT WM68PHOTPOINT WM69PHOTPOINT WM71NHOTPOINT WM71PHOTPOINT WM71XHOTPOINT WM72NHOTPOINT WM72PHOTPOINT WM72XHOTPOINT WM73NHOTPOINT WM73PHOTPOINT WM73XHOTPOINT WM74NHOTPOINT WM74PHOTPOINT WM74SHOTPOINT WM75NHOTPOINT WM75PHOTPOINT WM75SHOTPOINT WM76NHOTPOINT WM76PHOTPOINT WM76SHOTPOINT WM77PHOTPOINT WM79PHOTPOINT WM80PHOTPOINT WM81PHOTPOINT WM82PHOTPOINT WM83P
- General Electric
- GENERAL ELECTRIC W76PPGENERAL ELECTRIC W86PPGENERAL ELECTRIC WD62PCGENERAL ELECTRIC WM62PCGENERAL ELECTRIC WM63PSGENERAL ELECTRIC WM64PKGENERAL ELECTRIC WWC7602VWWGENERAL ELECTRIC WWC8602VWWGENERAL ELECTRIC WWH5602VWWGENERAL ELECTRIC WWH6602VWWGENERAL ELECTRIC WWH6604VWWGENERAL ELECTRIC WWH7602VWWGENERAL ELECTRIC WWH7603VWWGENERAL ELECTRIC WWH7604VWWGENERAL ELECTRIC WWH8602VWW
- ELECTRA 17057EELECTRA 17058EELECTRA 17059EELECTRA 17342E
- English Electric
- ENGLISH ELECTRIC EE100AENGLISH ELECTRIC EE100WDENGLISH ELECTRIC EE120AENGLISH ELECTRIC EE80A
- CREDA 17072ECREDA 17076CREDA 17078CREDA 17079CREDA 17081CREDA 17084ECREDA 17085CREDA 17086CREDA 17087CREDA 17088GCREDA 17095ECREDA 17096ECREDA 17098ECREDA 17110CREDA 17111CREDA 17112ECREDA 17112GCREDA 17113GCREDA 17113XCREDA 17120CREDA 17121ECREDA 17182ECREDA 17184ECREDA 17185ECREDA 17186ECREDA 17187ECREDA 17345CREDA 17346XCREDA 17390ECREDA 47307CREDA 47308CREDA CWA252CREDA CWA262CREDA W100FWCREDA W1200CREDA W120FWCREDA W120VWCREDA WD1200
- BEKO WD61PT
- JACKSON J1000JACKSON J1200D
- ARISTON A2211WHARISTON ERF402DNY/1
Sorry we do not have the exact repair guide for this washing machine door lock at this moment but these useful videos will help you.
How to fit washing machine door locks
How a washing machine door interlock works.
also a useful video on How to open a washing machine door that won't open normally.
Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.
Please enter your email address below. You will receive a link to reset your password.Ahh, wait, I remember now!