Beko cooker not heating up, How to replace oven element
Beko oven not heating up, How to replace a Beko fan oven element.
This cooker tutorial is on a Beko oven that is not heating up or tripping the electric supply (earth trip or Rcd on fuse board) it can be used on free standing Beko cooker or built in cookers.
Finding the faults:
1. The first thing you need to check is that the oven timer is not on auto if it is turn it on to manual.
2. When you turn the oven on that the thermostat light comes on, then after 5 minutes you find that you do not have any heat in the oven then this is a good indication that the oven element has blown and need replacing.
3. If when you turn the oven on and it trips the electricity (this is the earth trip or Rcd on fuse board) then you have a very good chance that the oven element has gone to earth. You will need to test the element with a mega (earth insulation tester) if there are no clear signs that it has blown.
4. On most built in ovens you will need to remove the oven from its housing and then start taking it apart.
How to replace your fan oven element in your Beko cooker.
1. Disconnect the appliance from the electric supply!
2. Take of the door according to your hinge types see videos on this. This gives you more room to work and stops any damage accruing to the door or hinges.
3. Now you can remove all oven shelves in the cooker.
4. Take out the fan guard at the back by removing the screws.
5. You now need to remove the element screws (see video on this) some can be removed from inside front of oven others have to be removed from back.
6. Disconnected the wirers from the element (always good practise to take notes of where they came from of take a photograph)
7. Test element for fault, see our video on this
8. If the element is faulty replace it.
9. If this tutorial helped you and you did not by the part from us you can always get paul a beer for making this video tutorial for you.