How to replace a Tumble Dryer fixed drum Riveted Drum shaft
This video will show you how replace a Riveted Drum shaft Creda, Indesit and Hotpoint tumble dryers.
How to replace a Tumble Dryer fixed drum shaft and bearing without having to buy a whole New Drum on Ariston, Export, Hotpoint-Ariston, Hotpoint, Indesit Tumble Dryers.
This video is on how to replace a Riveted Drum shaft there is now an updated part available which makes it easier to change and is a stronger than the one I show.
The reason for this video is that there are now a number of variations of these kits available for your Hotpoint or Indesit tumble dryer.
- The new kit has full instructions and here is how to replace it
- See video on how to remove the drum
- Then when the drum is removed You will need a 5.5 millimetre steel drill bit so that you can drill out these six rivets. Or you can grind them of as in this video. The reason why we grind them of is so you do not get any burs on the inside of the drum that could snag cloths and damage them.
- Now with the rivets removed you can now use a flathead screwdriver to ease the drum shaft flange away from the drum.
- Now with the old drum shaft flange removed it's a good idea to remove any loose material from the rivet holes because the new drum Shaft flange will need to sit flush on the back of the drum.
- Replace the flange with nuts and bolts that are provided to screw this together.
Now fit the drum back in the machine replacing the felts and bearings where needed please see our previous video. On reassembly