How to replace an Aeg washing machine door seal.
How to replace an AEG washing machine door seal.
To order your AEG door seal you will need your full model number. (This is normally around the washing machine door frame on a sticker)
If your AEG washing machine has a leak or the seal has just gone mouldy with black marks on it then you might need to replace it and fit a new one.
This video will show you how to replace a door seal also know as ( gasket, bellow, tub seal, door rubber, etc ) this video is on the new type design where you have to remove the concrete counter weight in order to replace the Aeg door seal.
- You will need to unplug your AEG washing machine from the electric supply before attempting to replace the seal or gasket,
- Two screws at back will remove the lid of the washing machine.
- The facial panel will have to be removed this varies from model to model, so see our video on basic technique.
- Remove the front retaining band and peel the seal of the front panel.
- Remove the two screws that hold door lock in place.
- Now remove all screws that hold front panel to the chase and remove the panel from your washing machine.
- Now you need to remove the concrete counter weight from the drum this is held on with large torx screws, take your time with this, the concrete and the lugs that hold it in place can be brittle! Any damage to these will be expensive to replace.
- Remove the spring band from the door seal and replace the door seal, make sure the seal marks line up on the drum this is very important.
- Replace all parts then test the Aeg washing machine for any leaks.
People describe door seals in many ways here are just a few. Aeg Door gasket, Aeg door rubber, Aeg door seal, Aeg door bellows, Aeg gasket, Aeg door boot.