How to replace top grill & bottom/base oven element
How to replace top grill & bottom oven element
This video will show you how to replace top grill & bottom oven element, we are working on a Whirlpool, but this tutorial is also good for ,Ikea, Kitchen Aid, Ignis, Bauknecht, Algor, Prima, Firenzi, Magnet and Ram Next Dimension.
There are two types of ovens: Fan assisted and convection. This tutorial is for a convection oven.
Here are the 3 main faults to look for in your oven or cooker :
- The oven is not heating at all;
- The oven is heating slowly;
- Or may be burning the food at the top but not cooking correctly at the bottom.
This generally means is that an element has gone faulty or both have gone faulty. To check this, watch our other videos on how to test elements bellow.
Replacing top grill & bottom oven elements
1. Disconnect the appliance from the electric supply!
2. Remove the back of the oven in order to get to the elements.
3. Test elements for faults, see our video on this.
4. Always good practice to take notes of where the wires came from, take a photograph!
5. Disconnect the wires from the elements
6. You now need to remove the element screws.
7. If the element is faulty replace it.
8. Reassemble the cooker and test it.