No Heat in Oven, Cooker not reaching temperature or cooking evenly
This video is part three of the top ten faults on cookers and ovens. it will show you how to Troubleshoot faults and diagnose problems in your oven. It will lead you to the correct video and part that might need replacing. This video deals with the Cooker or Oven will not reach temperature or cooking evenly, in this video, we will look at
- the oven will not heat because the element is faulty
- oven won't heat because the timer is on manual
- oven won't heat because of a fault with thermostat or selector switch 4 oven not cooking evenly (one element faulty or fan not working correctly) 5 oven not reaching temperature normally an element but possible fan motor or
No Heat in Oven, Cooker not reaching temperature or cooking evenly: Common Faults to look for.
- The oven will not heat because an element is faulty or possibly two elements
You will need to test the elements with a multimeter to make sure that they have continuity on the elements and you may also need to check that they have the correct voltage supplied to them.
- Clock or Timer is set correctly
You will need to set up your clock so it is on manual, not automatic you may need to consult the manual For your cooker sometimes you will need your model number to be able to download the correct user manual.
- The oven won't heat because of a fault with the thermostat or selector switch
Sometimes selector switches end up with burnt contacts and it will not send power to the elements on the cooker. also, it is possible that you may have a problem with the thermostat This is quite a rare false but it does happen.
- Oven not cooking evenly (one element faulty or fan not working correctly)
If the oven is getting hot but not cooking evenly then it is possible that one of the elements that are used in the oven may be at fault.
- Oven not reaching temperature normally an element but possible fan motor
If your fan oven motor is not rotating at the correct speed or it is not turning at all. this will cause the air to not circulate in the oven and therefore can cause problems.