Oven or Cooker Grill element doesn’t work or only part of it heats up
This video is part five of the top ten faults on cookers and ovens. it will show you how to Troubleshoot faults and diagnose problems in your oven. It will lead you to the correct video and part that might need replacing. This video deals with the Cooker or Oven Grill element that doesn't work or only part of it heats up, in this video, we will look at
- Faulty grill elements single & dual and infrared.
- Faulty thermostatic systems thermostats, energy regulators, Pcbs.
- Damaged selector switch.
- Other components on cookers and ovens, that can cause the grill to not work correctly.
Oven or Cooker Grill element doesn’t work or only part of it heats up: Common Faults to look for.
- Faulty grill elements single, dual and infrared
Whatever type of grill element you have, they can become faulty from either open circuit or the element has gone to Earth.
- Faulty thermostatic systems thermostats, energy regulators, Pcbs
If you were finding that your element is not getting the correct voltage there may be a power problem coming from either the Selector switch or the thermostat.
- Damaged selector switch
Faulty selector switches are the very common faults on cookers, most of the time this is due to the cooker not being used in the correct manner, a selector switch must have the program selected before you turn the thermostat on you must also turn the thermostat off before turning the Selector switch to the off position.
- Other components on cookers and ovens, that can cause the grill to not work correctly
A bad connection on a terminal block or on a spade connector can be the cause of many issues. if you have checked all the components above then there is a good chance that you may either have a damaged wire it damaged connection point or possibly the wire is broken internal you will need to check continuity going through each wire.