Samsung washing machine DE error code Door lock fault
Samsung washing machine DE error code Door lock fault not activating in Allocated Time
This tutorial will show you how to identify a Door Interlock fault on Samsung washing machines the error code DE will normally show.
Samsung washing machine DE Error code means that the door is open or you may have a fault with the lock. if the door is clearly closed but the machine think it is open, presumably because it’s not getting power passed from the door interlock. see our videos on how door locks work
The first thing to check is that the door is closed properly. When the door is closed, the latch on the door pushes into the door interlock and slides a bar over, it should latch firmly and activate a part inside the lock. At this point the power is passed from one side of the door lock to the other and on to the rest of the machine.
Washing machine DE error, door detected as being open
- Check door is closed correctly and latched.
- Check door handle for damage or wear.
- Check child safety if this feature is on the machine.
- Check door lock if inoperative replace door lock.
- Check door lock wiring for burnt connections
Before doing any work on the appliance, disconnect it from the electric supply!
- The machine will be displaying the error DE.
- Check the door is shutting correctly.
- Strip down the machine to get access to the door interlock.
- Check wiring harness for signs of burnt connections or broken wires.
- Replace door lock is faulty.
- Reassemble the washing machine test the machine and make sure it starts. If all is ok problem is fixed