Samsung washing machine error code 4E and E1 Fault Not filling in Allocated Time
Samsung Washing Machine 4E and E1 Fault Not filling in Allocated Time
This tutorial will show you how to identify a filling fault on Samsung washing machines the error code are 4E and E1 on early models.
Samsung washing machine Not filling in allocated time error code 4E and E1 Fault
This is essentially a fill timeout error which will normally mean that either the water isn't on or that an inlet valve has failed or pressure switch problem check pipes as well.
Water fill time out:
The washing machine has failed to fill with water in a reasonable time.
If there is no higher change in water frequency than 100Hz for 2 minutes during the initial time of water supply and if water level doesn't reach the preset level in 10 minutes, this error will occur.
This error will be released using Start/Pause button, the washing machine will restart and attempt to fill with water again.
- Check water supply is on, clear and not frozen
- Check the air chamber and pressure sensor hose for blockages and check the pipes for any holes
- Check water inlet valve
- Check wiring to water inlet valve
- Check connections to water inlet valve
- Check the main control PCB
Before doing any work on the appliance, disconnect it from the electric supply!
- The machine will be displaying the error 4E and E1.
- Check the mains water is coming to the machine at the correct pressure.
- Check the filter on the water valves.
- Check the inlet water valves by doing a continuity test on them See our video on how valves work.
- Check the wiring coming from Pcb and pressure switch and also check connections.
- Strip down the machine to to clean pressure bowl and pipes that run to the pressure switch.
- reasemble the washing machine and put it through a rinse cycle to test the machine. If all is ok problem is fixed