How to fit the new element and thermostat to this Bosch, Neff or Siemens washing machine.
How to fit Washing Machine element and thermostat on Bosch, Neff or Siemens.
We are going to show you how to fit the new element and thermostat to this Bosch, Neff, Siemens or Balay washing machine this process should be pretty similar to your make and model of front loading machine.
To order your Washing Machine Heater Element & Thermostat you will need your full model number. (This is normally around the washing machine door frame on a sticker)
Safety first disconnect your washing machine from the power supply and it’s a good idea to turn the washing machine water supply off.
- Remove two screws from back of the top panel. These are normally torx head screws and you can get a full set of these torques bits in our tool section.
- Take out the soap dispenser draw by pressing the button on top.
- Remove front panel after removing screws, do keep these screws separate because they’re stainless steel.
- Remove the kick strip and pump flap normally one screw.
- Remove this retaining clip which is holding the door seal against the machine. There are lots of different ways that these retaining clips work, see video.
- Remove screws that are now holding the front panel of machine on.
- Remove door interlock, two screws.
- Peel back door seal after taking the retaining clip of. See video
- The element is situated at the bottom of the drum. Take photo of the wiring before disconnecting it.
- Just uncouple the wires attached to the thermostat. Usually block connector.
- Undo this nut which is attached to the retaining clip, with a spanner or a socket. Don’t undo it all the way because you have to tap the nut in, to release the pressure on the seal, then with a flat bade screw driver prise the washing machine heater element away from the outer tube. Be careful with this
- The thermostat is a push fit into the element
- If you need to check if the element has blown you will need to use a multi-meter to test it.
- Replace which part is need and reverse this procedure