Samsung Washing Machine 3E Error Code not spinning or turning
Samsung Washing Machine 3e Error Code How to Replace the Carbon Brushes
This video will show you how to identify your 3e error code fault and replace the motor or carbon brushes
3E error code is a Motor tacho fault detected
Can also be caused by be main PCB
If the motor tacho signals are inputted less than 2 for 2 seconds after main drive motor started, this error will occur on normal brush motors and direct drive motors
- Check carbon brushes if fitted
- Check motor capacitor
- Check motor
- Check motor tacho
- Check all connections and blocks to the motor
- Check connections on the main control module
- Check main control module
If direct drive motor is fitted you may get these errors
Here is a list of 3E's, faults that may show on direct drive motors.
Switch off the power/reconnect and try again
If error code persists a service call is advisable, switchboard (motherboard) replacement possible.
3E1 DD Motor fault Check DD motor Service call advisable
3E2 DD Motor fault Check DD motor Service call advisable
3E3 DD Motor fault Check DD motor Service call advisable
3E4 DD Motor fault Check DD motor Service call advisable
1. Disconnect the power supply Remove the back of the washing machine.
2. Remove the belt on you samsung washing machine.
3. Remove the wiring from the motor and earth wires Always good practice to take notes of where the wires came from, take a photograph!
4. unscrew the bolts that hold the motor in place.
5. remove the motor from the machine.
6. Remove old carbon brushes and inspect them.
7. Replace your samsung washing machine carbon brushes
8. Also check there is no damage to your armature you can see other videos on this
9. replace the motor and refit the wiring.
10.replace the belt on your machine
11. plug in the machine and test it on rinse or spin cycle.
12. if all is good refit the machine and buy Paul a beer for helping