Tumble dryer not heating Check element & Thermostats White Knight
Tumble dryer not heating correctly
If your Tumble Dryer is not drying quickly of not heating at all. then you may have a problem with the heating circuit. this video will help you Check element & Thermostats on a White Knight dryer plus some models from & some Bosch, Caple, Crosslee, Electrolux, Kenwood, Tricity, Tricity Bendix,
if you are still having trouble please contact us using your full model number including the product number for help from Paul
Changing your Heating element can keep your tumble dryer running at peak efficiency and drying correctly
Safety first! Unplug the machine from the electrical supply and make sure the machine has been idle long enough so that the heater has cooled down.
Tumble Dryer not heating or drying correctly on White Knight & some others
if you'll tumble dryer is not heating at all or is drying the clothes slowly, then you may have a problem with one of the following items.
- the thermostats may not be working correctly or have gone open circuit.
- the element may have failed or partially failed: meaning only one side of the heating element is working.
- or it is possible that you have a restriction on the airflow this could be due to poor maintenance and the Machine may just need a good service and clean,
Stip down prosses
- first, take the lid off
- You will need to remove the lower panel which covers the vent hose, at this point, you will be able to get access to the forward thermostat also known as the cycling stat.
- it is possible to test the element institute without removing the back panel just disconnect the wires on test across both sides of the element.
- to gain access to the element you will need to remove the wiring from the back panel make sure you take some photographs as this will help you reassemble it.
- After that, you will be able to remove the back panel and then extract the old tumble dryer heater out of the machine,
- you can then fit the correct new element or thermostats
- You will then be able to rebuild the machine lining the belt up on the drum correctly.
- I have also included a load of tumble dryer videos below to assist you in other repairs in the future.
Once a year vacuum the inside taking special care on the wiring, it is very important to clean all the vent tubes on a regular basis. Clean the heat exchanger (condenser dryers only)
We hope this tutorial helped you get your tumble dryer working again!