Beko washing machine not starting how to replace the door lock interlock
A Common fault with Beko washing machine is that the appliance will not start; you may have an error code showing on digital display type E9 or E10 but sometimes they just show a warning code like 0417 which only means a fault is detected. this video will show you how to replace the old door lock or sometimes known as interlock
This tutorial will show you how to identify a Door Interlock fault on Beko washing machines the error code E9 or E10 will normally show.
this type of lock has been fitted to many make like these:
Aftron, Ahma, Akai, Alien, Alpari, Altus, Andi, Ansonic, Arcelik, Arctic, Armani, Atlas, Axxon, Aya, Beko, Beta, Blomberg, Bluematic, Bluesky, Carad, Carrefour Home, Cellini, Codini, Connect, Crown, Defy, Delton, Donar, Elba, Electric Co, Elektra Bregenz, Elettrozeta, Elin, Eskimo, Euro, Euroline, Europa, Eurosky, Faber, Fagor, Federal, Fensa, Ferette, Fisher & Paykel, Flavel, Fortress, Fricon, Funix, Goldi, Grundig, Hajdu, Helkama, Houseline, Hyundai, IFB, Koncar, Lamo, Lamona, Magic, Majestic, Mercury, Mirage, Modena, Moritz, Nikkei, Nojintech, Nordfrost, Novox, Okean, Orion, Pacific, Pars, Peabody, Penguin, Perfect, Perfekt, Philco, Privileg, Prolux, Rainford, Reeson, Rotel, Saba, Saivod, San Giorgio, Sang, Sanyo, Siera, Sunny, Superfrost, TechnoStar, Technolux, Tecnokit, Tensai, Thor, Tophouse, Universal, Valenti, Venus, Vico, Victor, Victory, Wasco, Weltec, White-Westinghouse, Winson and Winstar.
Beko washing machine e9 and e10 Error code means that the door is open or you may have a fault with the lock. if the door is clearly closed but the machine may think it is open, presumably because it’s not getting power passed through the door interlock. see our videos on how door locks work
The first thing to check is that the door is closed properly. When the door is closed, the latch on the door pushes into the door interlock and slides a bar over, it should latch firmly and activate a part inside the lock. At this point the power is passed from one side of the door lock to the other and on to the rest of the machine.
Washing machine e9 and e10 error, door detected as being open
- Check door is closed correctly and latched.
- Check door handle for damage or wear.
- Check child safety if this feature is on the machine.
- Check door lock if inoperative replace door lock.
- Check door lock wiring for burnt connections
Before doing any work on the appliance, disconnect it from the electric supply!
- The machine will be displaying the error
- Check the door is shutting correctly.
- Strip down the machine to get access to the door interlock.
- Check wiring harness for signs of burnt connections or broken wires.
- Replace door lock is faulty.
- Reassemble the washing machine test the machine and make sure it starts. If all is ok problem is fixed